Pavillon de Blois
The Pavillon de Blois is all that remains of a property acquired by Mademoiselle de Blois, the legitimate daughter of Louis XIV and Mademoiselle de la Vallière, in September 1711. She stayed there until 1716.
The small house by the name of de Blois which remains in the garden was one of the outbuildings of this residence. Inside, in a reception room of about 15 m2, there are some paintings depicting a hunting and countryside theme, which people used to love at the beginning of the 18th century.
A small closet nearby, no doubt used for linen or tableware, is completely covered with monochrome blue paintings. These decorations were all inspired by the works of Jean Berain (1640-1711) and of Claude Audran III (1658-1734). She installed a garden with a reservoir, a cold room and a miniature house, called the Pavillon de Blois. The only part of it remaining is this little pavilion, which still has some magnificent panelling painted in the 18th century.