The Pavillon de Blois
The Pavillon de Blois is a miniature house built in the grounds of the property of Mademoiselle de Blois, the legitimate daughter of Louis XIV and Mademoiselle de la Vallière. She stayed in Bougival from 1711 to 1716.
Today all that remains is this little pavilion in the garden of a private residence. The building looks modest although it was built with finely dressed freestone and still has some magnificent 18th century painted panelling. This house has gone down in history with the name of Pavillon de Blois as a reminder of its owner’s name.
Inside, in a reception room of about 15 m2, there are some paintings depicting a hunting and countryside theme, which people used to love at the beginning of the 18th century.
A small closet nearby, no doubt used for linen or tableware, is completely covered with monochrome blue paintings. These decorations were all inspired by the works of Jean Berain (1640-1711) and of Claude Audran III (1658-1734).
In this property, it is also possible to imagine a garden with a reservoir and a cold room all overlooking the Seine.
Listed as a Historical Building by decree dated 5 August 1980
27 quai Georges Clémenceau